Trekking to Jomsom – Muktinath can be started from Pokhara or fly to Jomsom and trek to Muktinath then walk down to Pokhara or fly out from Jomsom; either one is possible. Muktinath is one of the most important pilgrimage sites for both Hindus and Buddhists and you encounter ascetic sadhus carring trident and more than a blanket on the way. We see people selling saligram along the way to Kali Gandaki, a black stone that, when broken opens reveals the fossilized remains of prehistoric ammonites that lived here more than 140 million years ago,
It is believed that ‘Visnu in Stone’ as a legend god Visnu turned into stone by the beautiful and virtuous Vrinda he seduced her. We trek down to Tatopani through beautiful Thakali village of Marpha(2680m), the place of trekkers favorite, impressive kanis . And there is big Samtenling Gompa at Marpha. You can take healing bathe in the pond of natural hot spring in Tatopani which is 60 degree Celsius hot. You will walk through the Kali Gandaki Valley which was centuries before the primary trade route between the Tibet and India. This trek guarantees visitors for a wonderful landscape of natural beauties, great Himalayan scenery and unique tribal culture. No words to describe the beautiful panorama from Poon Hill/3210m.
Your guide will pick you from your hotel in Kathmandu and escort to tourist bus station. Drive to Pokhara from Kathmandu takes 7-8 hours and it is 210 km. If you take flight o Pokhara (25 minutes flight). It will cost extra USD 100/person. Stay overnight in hotel.
After a nice breakfast in Pokhara in the hotel; we take an exciting flight to Jomsom that takes 25 minutes from Pokhara. Upon landing we have break for breakfast with tea/coffee if we take early flight. Arrange our bags for porters then trek to Kagbeni (2800 m.). A nice and classic Tibetan like village with typical house and religious monuments. 3-4 hours walk today. Overnight in lodge.
Our journey starts with a special permit check and then onwards to the riverbank of Kaligandaki up stream. During the walk we will have scenic picturesque places to stop by and admire. From Kagbeni the path climbs steeply to re-join the direct trail leading to Khingar at 3200m. The trail climbs through a desert landscape untill Jarkot Village. A further climb reaches us to Muktinath.
Muktinath is an important pilgrimage for both Hindus and Buddhists alike. In the morning, we pay our visit to a Vishnu Temple and a Gompa. Descending from Ranipauwa village down the steep and barren hillside, we tumble down toward Kagbeni and then to Jomsom finally arriving at Marpha. The trail today is quite surreal as we trek along a plateau above Kali Gandaki River, the world's deepest gorge. The barren landscape of this area resembles Tibet. Marpha is also famous as the apple capital of Nepal where one can enjoy different items made from apple. The local apple brandy of Marpha is famous all over Nepal. Overnight at Marpha.
- Kathmandu – Pokhara – Kathmandu transfer by tourist bus.
- Pokhara – Jomsom by domestic flight and airport taxes.
- 2 nights deluxe room in 2** hotel in Pokhara with breakfast on twin /double occupancy basis.
- An experienced registered English speaking local Jomsom Muktinath trekking guide.
- Necessary porters to carry all personal and group equipment as per group size
- Meals: trekking breakfast during the trekking.
- Food, accommodation, salary and insurance of your guide and porter.
- Lodge accommodation during the trek on twin sharing basis
- All necessary Jomsom – Muktinath trekking permits.
- Government tax, vat and office service charge etc.
- Accommodation, meals and transfers in Kathmandu and Pokhara
- All bar bills, beverages such as coke, fanta, mineral water etc.
- Lunch and dinner during the trekking.
- Personal travel insurance rescue operation in case of emergency.
- Personal trekking gear, internet, phone calls laundry and toiletries
- Gratitude and tips for your guide and porter.
Dates & Prices
We are local tour and trekking operator based in Kathmandu so we guaranty small private group departures any dates that suits your date and time. Please kindly contact us for your customized departure date, itinerary and the price. Thank you and Namaste!
A Short Note: This trip can be personalized as per your requirements that meet your time frame. The trip price will be according to Deluxe, Standard, Budget and group size so please kindly provide us your details for tailor made program.