3 NIGHTS 4 DAYS MARSHYANGDI RAFTING TRIP
The ‘raging river’ drains the northern slope of the Annapurna Mountains. It was only opened to rafting in 1996 and yields some of the most exciting class IV-V white water in Nepal. This river demands 100% commitment from both crew and guide. It is totally different from the big volume rivers like Sun Koshi and Karnali, the rapids are technical and requires a very different approach. Big Volume Rivers need power and a good line, the Marshyangdi quickly forges raft crews of complete strangers into true teams. Located on the eastern side of the Annapurna circuit, the Marshyangdi River has long been famous for the beautiful views. With it twist and turn the steep sided gorges walls frame a new mountain backdrop.
Things to bring:
- T-shirt, swim wear for on the river, warm clothing for the evenings, fleece or a pullover.
- Sunscreen and lip protector, Sunglasses (with retaining device) and/or a cap
- Towel and Toiletries (environmentally friendly is best), Personal medication
- Flashlight, Footwear, Reading book, fishing hook if you do fishing.
Drive to Khudi and enjoyable trek with beautiful views and typical Nepali villages along the way to Bulbule. At Khudi, all the gear is unloaded and a short hike follows. Once Bhulbhule is reached, camp is set up at one of the vantage points from where great views of the Himalaya can be had. Sunset views are inspiring.
Hike up to Ngadi with the gears to the river point experience the most knuckle gripping sections of the river. So enjoy the continues Class 4 rapids. Expedition leader and guides will brief and train you about safety and paddling. Set the camp at Khudi and stay there overnight.
We raft the areas of surrounded by lush green jungle and the boat crashes through canyons. After five hours of fun on the rapids and canyons, we stop for lunch on a choice sandy beach. After lunch more adventure follows on the rushing waters of the Marshyangdi which takes the rafters to the camping site before Middle Marsyangdi Hydro Dam, on one of the most attractive and comfortable sandy beaches.
This day begins with a transfer to Paundi which is beyond the Dam. As this concrete structure comes in the way, there is a break in the river journey and everything has to be carried across to a point further down from it. The next put-in point is at Paundi from where another 3 hours of rafting begins encountering Class 3 rapids.
- Free airport – hotel – airport pick and drop off.
- All ground transportation and experienced adventure guide with safety assistant.
- Meals, Western and continental food (breakfast, lunch, dinner) during your rafting trip.
- River Permit, Camping Gear, Safety Kayak, First aid kid box
- Necessary equipment as high quality self-bailing rafts, lifejackets, helmets, plastic paddles, wetsuits (only during the winter) on certain rivers, dry bag for gear, camera barrels and all safety and medical equipment
- Necessary Staffs (Guide, Helpers, Cook etc)
- Tented accommodation in beautiful river beach with camp fire.
- Food, accommodation, insurance for all staff and their transportation
- Expedition elements include professional guides and leadership
- All bar bills, beverages such as mineral water, coke fanta etc.
- Hotel accommodations and meals at if you stay anywhere at the hotel during whole trip
- Emergency evacuation, internet, phone calls, things of personal use.
- Your insurance, tips and gratitude for your guide and assistants.
Dates & Prices
This program is only for guidelines, so we can personalize this itinerary as per your requirements. For more information write us to: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org